Wednesday, December 21, 2016

Learning

I wanted to let you know about a couple of pieces on the blog âpihtawikosisân that I think you might enjoy. The first is about the call by some groups/people to expand the scope of the inquiry into missing and murdered women (to include men) and the backgrounds of some of these people. I read it first thing this morning and it woke me up.  I wasn't really aware that there were people out there still worrying about the enfranchisement of women.  I appreciated how she worked through the possible motivations of these people and situated the larger changes. 


The other piece I wanted to suggest is her blog about how the duty to consult can be used in a harmful way and brings attention to one case where this is happening.  This was an issue that I had not spent a lot of time thinking about and I appreciated her brief and fulsome overview of this issue.

No comments:

Post a Comment