Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Non Discretionary Moose

Due to my learning disabilities, I function best in meetings with something to draw on.  At a recent meeting I produced "Non discretionary moose".  I like to think about these pieces as a little homage to the ledger drawings.  I am still playing with Ojibwa style art this week. 
I am finding it hard to write the past few days.  A little depressed maybe?  Or maybe just readjusting to normal after the intensity of Sophie's feelings the past few months.  We now have a prescription for a higher dose of meds for her and she has decided to go goth and seems to be finding lots to identify with in that culture and the discussions of death and loss.  She showed me "Mama" by "My Chemical Romance" specifically.  She really enjoyed this course.  Runa found it hard to dance to and was thus annoyed.

Mama, we all go to hell
Mama, we all go to hell
I'm writing this letter and wishing you well
Mama, we all go to hell

Read more: My Chemical Romance - Mama Lyrics | MetroLyrics

I feel a bit slow, I have lots of things to write about but I am not getting them in order and pulled together.  I am in a place of just gathering more and more articles and ideas.  I am trying not to judge too hard and see this mood in it's place in my circle.  Sometimes I gather and sometimes I share.  It is all ok. I am listening to Cris Derkson's "Collapse" over and over again as well.  We just gotta trust the circle eh? 

I will leave you with some Louie C.K. realness.  He is a really thoughtful comedian.  This quote makes me think of a book I am starting about Cree identity formation and the three circles of the self, the self in the community and the self  connecting to all it's relations.  I was also reading a bit about trauma and came across a poem about the hole in the sidewalk of your healing.  I thought was a great metaphor.

When he explained life:

No comments:

Post a Comment