Thursday, November 5, 2015

Rap, a slap and a raven

Listening to "A Mile in A Mixtape" by Je2RiT obviously very inspired by Eminem, but that is not to say that this album is derivative and more that it is comfortable in that the style is familiar.


I am working through a novel by Richard Wagamese "Medicine Walk".  He is an excellent writer, but I think that I prefer his autobiographical works.  That said I am only half way through so maybe I will be surprised.

Thinking about this quote "Truth is a land without paths" by Tiziano Terzani in "Le Grand Voayage de la Vie" which I found in Looking at Mindfulness" by Christophe Andre along with the most peculiar picture by Fra Angelico (c 1400-1455) where all these disembodied hands are slapping Jesus and Mary and Saint Dominic are just hanging out doing their own thing.  This feels like it could be a good metaphor for life sometimes.

Planning out winter holiday celebrations.  We do a number of different celebrations, which spaces things out and makes them calmer.  I also like the years we can get organized and make sure to read and sing together every night in December.  I am working to find us some Cree songs to sing and in other years we have really enjoyed the book "The Return of the Light: Twelve Tales from Around the World for the Winter Solstice" so I plan to start with that book.  Sometimes I think I like planning for the holidays more than the actual holidays and try to give myself lots of time to enjoy the process.

No comments:

Post a Comment