Friday, September 25, 2015

Change your questions


Fogbound on the Great Canadian Highway by Michael Robinson:
Fogbound on the Great Canadian Highway
by Michael Robinson
I have just finished "Change you questions Change your Life" By Marilee Adams.  The book itself is  business dribble.  I don't think it helped that I have a big text version either.  However, the idea, that by changing our questions we can change our perceptions and create spaces for new answers is a good one.  It is basically the process of moving from asking "Why me?" to "Why not me?"

A couple of quotes/ideas caught my attention. 


"Are you willing to take responsibility for your mistakes - and for the attitudes and actions that led to them?...Are you willing...to forgive yourself, and even laugh at yourself?"


"Change begins with the person who wants the change."


"Change your questions from who's to blame to what am I responsible for?"


Q storming - not brainstorming but coming together to look for new questions.


"Am I willing to allow others to contribute to me?"

******
The question that resonates the most at the moment is why is it so hard to forgive ourselves?  I have forgiven people for doing things that hurt me, but I don't give myself a break.  I am going to ponder this.

No comments:

Post a Comment