Friday, September 11, 2015

Birthday greetings - My brands love me!

NativeAmericanNews via Tumblr:
Not even inclusive friends
Lately, when I wake up in the morning and clear out the email messages, it strikes me how few of these communications are from real people.  These are mostly emails from my brands.  These are the voices that I first here when I wake up and it is starting to feel more and more wrong.  I am reminded to get a coffee, update my wardrobe and appreciate my social media updates.  It gives me something to think about when real life might not be so accommodating to my desires.

This was particularly driven home this week as it was my birthday.  My brands all remembered, had little gifts or special sales just for me.  They reminded me to treat myself.  I a, worth it. When did companies come to be friends?  I think I need to do some work on my side to reach out to people and make sure that there are more actual people who influence me first thing than electronic ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment