Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Keeping perspective - using my struggles to remember


I have been working at another location for the past week.  This is has been a source of stress and challenge for me.  It is not far, just across the river.  Not that different, just another government building and another work station.  But it is hard, everything just a little bit different and thinking about that personal struggle has brought to mind how many times our people have been moved.  How many changes those moves made in their lives.  All those children moved to schools away from the lives they knew.  All those families packing up to move on - move further west, move onto a reserve, move to the city - all new.  As I walk a different path to my work I am trying to remember those others.  To put my change in perspective and to make the remembering real.

No comments:

Post a Comment