Tuesday, March 3, 2015

The Ones - Shibastik

Shibastik's Album "Fire and Water" is making me think this morning.  In particular his song "The Ones" half way down the linked page.


"We know we’re not the one’s who lived off nothing but the land.  We know we’re not the one’s who know what life was like before the white man came and affected the average native life span."
"You’ll never get to see the native I was meant to be.  Sometimes it feels like I was born in the wrong century.  I know we’re not the ones who had to choose our destiny."
"You looked at us like we were dust on your floor plan."
 
" People tell us to stop bitchen about the past.  We’re not bitchen were just in mourning.  It wasn’t a thousand years ago you know, it was just a few generations ago. "
 
"We’re all survivors.  If you are breathing still and you got native blood you’re a survivor and you gotta be proud of that."
I am so lucky to have such a depth of talent to draw from to feed my soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment